Illumin8 Module 3.1: Weather Forecasting
This Module explores the science behind the weather!
- Students will explore the difference between weather and climate
- Students will learn about the atmosphere, clouds and precipitation (rain!).
- Students will explore key weather features observed by meteorologists, and how they are measured (air pressure, rainfall, wind).
- Experiments will build understanding of cloud formation, air pressure and rainfall.
- Students use their new knowledge to start a weather diary, build and use weather station elements, and predict the weather for the next session!
The Illumin8 Resources are aimed at 9 – 12 year olds.