President of the Royal Society of Queensland Dr Geoff Edwards will launch a new Discussion Paper arguing for a stewardship payment scheme for inland Queensland.
- What is the duty of care for pastoralists in Queensland’s rangelands and who defines it?
- To reduce the flow of sediment to the Great Barrier Reef, is tougher regulation – the stick approach – required, or would an incentive payment – the carrot approach – be more effective?
- In any case, what justification is there for taxpayers to fund remedial works on private land?
- Could trade in carbon credits pay for a general incentive payment?
- Who should deliver the Queensland Government’s announced Land Restoration Fund?
- Why is the Landcare movement languishing?
- What can be done about regional youth unemployment now reportedly greater than 60%?
Come along to debate these issues with others who are knowledgeable in these fields.