Discover why now more than ever robotics is fast becoming a major tool in the classroom for teaching Science, Technology, Maths, Literacy & more.
Whether you are looking at implementing robotics with your students for the first time or you are already using the NXT platform this is your introduction to incorporating EV3 into your classroom. Robotics offers your students a highly engaging medium designed to help them develop 21st creative thinking, problem solving, teamwork & communication skills.
Teachers attending this workshop will:
- Be introduced to the EV3 hardware through a quick build robot exploring the use of motors & sensors
- Program using the introductory level of the EV3 software which provides an integrated learning experience
- See how students can add text, images & video to create & present projects
- Explore the curriculum material available to match your needs & requirements in the classroom
- Experience a brief introduction to data logging with EV3, a powerful, yet easy to use program
Teachers will also be introduced to the national robotics competition of Robocup Junior Australia.
Presenter: James Dwyer
When: Thursday 29th November 2018 9.30am – 3.00pm
Where: Stanthorpe State High School 2 McGlew St, Stanthorpe QLD 4380
Workshop Fee: $99.00 including GST
Maximum 3 teachers per school. All participants will receive a comprehensive workshop handout and certificate of attendance. Morning tea & lunch will be provided.
Register via the link below.
Event Cost: $99.00